Thursday, October 1, 2009

The cat's out of the bag... the stolen cat from 1977 that is...

This has been a productive week. But it seems that every week is productive when you're Henry Flame, Private Eye. I solved the case of where Mittens went... the Jones' family cat lost in Fargo, ND back in Sept. '77.

Here's a glimpse of the femme fatale feline:

That's right. It took a bit of work, but soon I realized that I should ask the neighborhood. Most of them had no idea what I was talking about... or weren't born yet... but I never gave up. No mystery should remain unsolved.

Then it hit me. Pet cemetery. Only a few places in this world to take a feline to the afterlife... and pet cemetery is the main one. I went there... and lo and behold one grave was engraved with "Mittens. We loved you well. Even though we stole you from the Jones'"

It was so simple!

Well I found the Jones family, they'd relocated to Idaho... probably from mourning so much, and let them know.

They didn't seem to really care, and they kept telling me that it happened 32 years ago... why did I care so much.

Why indeed... but that's just another day for Henry Flame. Unappreciative clients... get over it Henry... it's just Kitten-town.

No comments:

Post a Comment